Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mental Blocks?

I'm not sure why I have not been able to meditate yet. It seems like such an easy, simple concept. It can't be laziness, How hard is it to just... sit. I know this is going to help me. I've been having some issues with insomnia lately. Nothing too horrible, but I was up almost all night at least one night. I could not get my brain to be quiet. Thoughts were coming so fast I couldn't even grab onto one long enough to know what it was. I felt like I was in an auditorium and everyone was speaking all at once and there were even songs playing, like when you get a song stuck in your head, only there seemed to be multiple songs playing. Crazy, right?

It was only at night, I'd feel fine all day long, better than fine. Then, the lights go out and It's quiet and just me and my noisy mind. I'm afraid meditating will be like this, but I know it's going to help me in the long run.

In other news, went to the Three Rivers Art Festival yesterday and it was awesome. We bought a little flute from this really cool hippie couple, hand crafted out of bamboo they grew themselves. I'm hoping to learn how to play it... It's a bit tricky but I think with some practice, I'll be able to get it!

It was a fabulous, hot, but awesome day with my other half... so inspiring, all of that art. I want to make mosaics and pottery now!

Well... I'm going to try giving this a shot, I guess. Meditation. Maybe I will just sit Zazen for a bit... though I think I might like the idea of guided meditation or doing something with Mantras more than just sitting there. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment